Since April 2020, shortly after the COVID-19 pandemic caused many of us to spend more time at home, the demand for hot tubs has increased tremendously. Many people who have long wanted to add a spa to their home decided now is the time. If you were one of them, you likely had to wait much longer that in earlier years, but let’s look at the positive side. Let’s discuss the many benefits your new spa provides!
In A Nutshell
Hot tubs place you in a warm, relaxing, bath of water. They provide massage and because water is nearly as dense as you, they provide buoyancy, lifting your body to release stress and pressure from your muscles and joints.
Five Ways Your Hot Tub Can Improve Your Life
- Relaxation, Relieve Stress & Just Feel Better
- Who hasn’t enjoyed a warm bath? Add the massage from the many types of jets common in today’s hot tubs and you have the ultimate in relaxation. Better yet, you can enjoy your spa any time you wish and at a moment’s notice. No need to travel or wait!
- The pleasurable experience in a hot tub also releases all those “happy hormones”, including endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine. Spend a few minutes in your hot tub and you just plain feel better
- Three Aspects of Spa Use All Help Relieve Pain & Muscle Soreness
- Most folks like their spa water in the 100 – 102° range or a bit above your normal internal body temperature. The warm water helps to relieve tension in your muscles
- You are floating in water. Your mass does not change but the buoyancy of water reduces your weight – And the pressure on your joints is reduced by close to 90%.
- Little side note: You weigh even a bit less in a salt-system spa due to the salt. The Dead Sea has far more salt than a salt-system spa, but this effect is so pronounced in the Dead Sea that you literally cannot sink in the Dead Sea.
- The most noticeable part of enjoying your hot tub is those great massaging jets! Strong, rotating, and muscle penetrating jets encourage blood flow and help remove lactic acid from your muscles.
- Improved Sleep
- If you have ever suffered from insomnia, there is no better “cure” than spending 10 – 20 minutes in your spa at night. No medication needed!
- Relax in your hot tub just before going to bed and you can’t stay awake. You’ll be rapidly nodding off until the morning sunlight hits your face.
- Improved Relationships
- There is something about the warm, soothing waters and close proximity of your family & friends in a spa that stimulates great conversation.
- And if we are talking romance, a hot tub just makes your partner feel more comfortable and focused on you.
- Health Benefits
- In addition to the benefits for everyone, there is considerable evidence to suggest that hot tubs help reduce the pain and inflammation common with various forms of Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, & Lower Back Pain.
Hot Tubs Are Not For Everyone
Having noted the many ways your hot tub can improve your life there are a few caveats to consider.
- If you have any significant health issues, please discuss using a hot tub with your physician, particularly if you have cardiovascular issues.
- Hot tub water above 100° is not advised for younger children. The reason is pure physics. Younger children are smaller and have much more skin surface relative to their body size (mass). Hence their bodies will heat up much more quickly than adults.
- Even adults should not spend more than 5 – 10 minutes in a hot tub if it is heated to 103 – 104°. This is a major reason so many enjoy their hot tubs in the 100 – 102° range. They can soak for 20 to 30 minutes, or an hour if they wish.
Last, be sure to speak with you dealer about including Hot Tub Serum in your spa sanitation regimen to ensure you get the most from your spa and the water is in perfect condition whenever you wish to jump in and RELAX!
Thanks for reading,